Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturdays

Why is it that Saturday's are the worst? Maybe it is because everyone sleeps in but me? I almost dread this day, but then again it holds the possibility of being the best day of the week overall. No one is rushing out the door late for work, including me. No one is yelling about not being able to find their socks or shoes or the school books. But the fighting is still there. I guess that is typical for a large family like ours. Any combination of 2, 3, 4 or 5 people out of this house makes a world of difference in the amount of noise, chaos, yelling and fighting that goes on. When it is just me and the dogs it is almost blissful. I relish the silence, but I know that it doesn't last long. By 2 everyone starts to come home and by 5 everyone is home. In the span of 3 hours my life goes from peaceful bliss to chaotic mayhem. I know I should enjoy it while I have it. 4 years from now my oldest will be leaving us, for her own adventure. The silence will slowly invade our home and I will be longing for these Saturdays when everyone is asleep around me or fighting with whoever didn't knock to enter their room.

No comments: